The Future Practice of Law Has Arrived - Traditional Practice Models Giving Way To Alternative Practice Models
There has been a disruption in the traditional way most attorneys have become accustomed to practicing law, employed directly by a law firm or corporate legal department. As corporate legal departments and law firms continue to evaluate their business models in the continual search for greater value and efficiency, practicing attorneys also continue to evaluate alternative practice models that will allow them to adapt how and where they practice law.
CYLA works with experienced attorneys as they adapt to the developing new models of legal service delivery. CYLA’s Attorney Development team continues to assemble a team of select, and exceptionally qualified, attorneys with strong backgrounds in multiple practice niches. Together CYLA , our assembled team of attorneys, is providing high quality, on demand, no overhead, legal services to corporate legal departments nationwide, while helping law firms enhance the depth and size of their practices and practice groups.
While the traditional legal service model may have been disrupted, exciting new and alternative opportunities to practice law with more freedom and control have arrived. CYLA can help qualified attorneys identify and capture these opportunities.
Now is the time to Consider Your Legal Alternatives. Now is the time to speak with a member of CYLA Attorney Development team.
Join the CYLA Team
CYLA has a nationwide team of experienced attorneys and subject matter experts. The CYLA Team consists of high-level practitioners with experience in a wide range practice expertise and industries who are enlisted to tackle both complex and routine legal work for our corporate and law firm clients.
Our practice groups include:
CYLA attorneys come from many industries, including:
Join The CYLA Team.
CYLA’s Attorney Development Team actively seeks well credentialed attorneys with strong backgrounds, which typically include:
We take the selection process very seriously and only invite top legal talent to join our team. Being a member of The CYLA Team means a few things:
- First, it means we will take the time to really get to know you, and you will have the opportunity to learn more about us and our clients — thus forming a partnership. We will reach out to you first for any legal needs that our clients may have that are within your area of expertise and in line with your professional goals.
- We also will work together to identify opportunities to strategically add value to the legal function and promote smart business, while developing relationships with current and prospective clients.
- All of our attorneys gain access to a large CYLA network of other skilled attorneys. At CYLA, we encourage networking and information-sharing between our highly-credentialed, highly-specialized attorneys. As our CYLA Team grows, the more opportunities are created and shared amongst our lawyers — a win for the originating attorney, a win for the placed attorney, and a win for CYLA.
- We have a program in place to reward attorneys who assist our sales and marketing team with successfully identifying and bringing in new business. A few attorneys in our network will even pursue their contacts on their own, using CYLA’s attorney network to help support their capacity and legitimize their ability to complete assignments from potential clients. We have a program in place to support and reward those efforts as well.
CYLA Attorney Advantages.
CYLA attorneys enjoy a variety of advantages as members of our Team:
- Access to opportunities to work with the nation’s top legal employers, including Am Law 100 firms, boutique firms, corporate legal departments, and emerging growth and mid-size companies without in-house legal counsel.
- Ability to take on a variety of engagements, include short term and long term projects, as part-time and full-time assignments — either on-site at client locations across the country, or in a remote/virtual capacity — and even be considered for permanent roles with these same clients.
- Access to CYLA’s specialized marketing staff. We know that one of the most time-consuming and least profitable activities for any attorney is seeking out new business. We offer our CYLA attorneys the chance to take advantage of our extensive, nationwide client network and marketing efforts, and we work with you to identify the most promising opportunities that might be available — just like in a traditional law firm.
- Flexibility! Being on The CYLA Team allows our attorneys the flexibility to decide what they what their schedules look like, what types of assignments they accept, and how much or how little they would like to work.
- And more flexibility! We will never prevent you from seeking out your own business or applying for other permanent or part-time jobs. Unless we contact one of our attorneys about a particular position that we’ve generated from our sales efforts, the attorneys on our team can always pursue opportunities that they identify themselves.
- Employment Benefits. All CYLA attorneys are covered under our umbrella of professional liability insurance when working for one of our clients. Attorneys also have access to accrued paid time off (PTO) and holiday bonuses, health benefit plans, and retirement plan options.